Krabi in Southern Thailand makes for the perfect beach holiday – it is scenic, bursting with culture, and really affordable. It is perfect for everything from honeymoons to fun vacations with friends and family. Indians are also eligible for a visa on arrival to Thailand at Krabi international airport – this VOA is valid for 15 days and you must show all confirmed accommodation bookings and pay a cash fees of THB 2000 (make sure you’re carrying local currency or USD/GBP/EUR/other major currency to convert to THB). Here are some things you need to plan a memorable trip to Krabi if you have just 4 days (to a week) to spend in Krabi.
- Fly into Krabi and book an apartment or hotel at Ao Nang Beach. This is the centre of all the action and you’ll find plenty of restaurants, spas, night clubs, and day-tour options here! Some good hotels are below – you can compare rates and pick something that suits you
- Centara Ao Nang Beach Resort & Villas is a scenic and luxurious hotel
- If you’re on a honeymoon then definitely look up Rayavadee and Phulay Bay for unparalleled luxury
- Holiday Inn Krabi is a nice option if you’re with family and friends
- Nemo 2 Resort is a good option if you’re on a budget
- There is an endless range of things to see and do in Krabi. But let’s start with sunset at Ao Nang beach – it is one of the most stunning sunsets in the world and the beachfront also turns into an open-air party each evening – with live music, jugglers etc. Spend an evening at the Ao Nang beachfront during your holiday in Krabi. Noppharat Thara Beach is also worth visiting in the area!
- Taxis are easily available in the area. But we would recommend renting a scooter for the length of your stay in Krabi. You can easily rent a scooter for less than $10/day and drive to temples, beaches, and restaurants yourself. This will make it easy for you to commute in Krabi. It’s common practice for the rental agency to keep your passport till you return the scooter. Scooter rental price (as of 2022) is around THB 200 / day.
- One of the best parts about Krabi is that there are several scenic day trips in the area. It is extremely affordable to rent a private boat at Ao Nang beachfront. There are so many gorgeous islands you can visit on day trips but there are two you definitely must visit – Railay Peninsula, Koh Poda, and Koh Thap (especially during low tide as you can walk between two small islands on a sand bank). You can also arrange a trip to the famous Phi Phi islands (but please check with the locals if the boats are going there as when we visited they weren’t)Make sure you go early as they tend to get really crowded as the day progresses. Just head to the counter at the beginning of Ao Nang beach from where you can either get on a long-tail boat with other customers or you can also negotiate a price with the boatsman for a private journey. We did a mix of both 🙂
- If you’re fond of cultural activities, then definitely visit Wat Kaew Korawaram. It is one of the largest Buddhist Temple in the area and definitely worth a visit during your holiday in Krabi, Thailand.
- There is an endless array of spas, restaurants, and nightclubs in Krabi. You shouldn’t leave without getting a relaxing massage, partying it up, or devouring local specialities such as mango sticky rice or grilled sea-food at the local food-markets that pop up each evening.
- You will probably fly into Bangkok before flying to Krabi, read our guide to Bangkok here. Bangkok is the perfect shopping and dining hub in Thailand, so make sure you spend 2-3 days there before or after your holiday in Krabi.
We hope this gives you lots of ideas on planning that perfect holiday in Krabi. If you have any more questions, leave them down below and we will definitely get back to you 🙂
1 thought on “A guide to planning a short beach holiday to Krabi, Thailand”
In next summer I am planning to visit Krabi
Thanks for this guide